Yesterday I was suddenly surprised by another blogger called Steven. He commented on my work, and he told me that he nominated me for the Liebster Award. Now the word ‘Award’ always sounds very good to anyone of course, so I was quite happy with it. I did some research on the internet about what the Liebster Award is, and I understand that it is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers, A kind of a ‘Pay it Forward’ system. Okay, I like it, so I decide to accept it and pay it forward.
Now, first I really want to thank Steven for the nomination. Thank you Steven! Steven has a blog called Moodsaplenty. Take a look at this blog and you will find some awesome artwork, drawings and paintings. And personally I think that Steven is an awesome writer too.
Now, the Liebster Award comes with a few rules, and one of them is to answer the questions that the person who nominated you has asked you to answer. So here we go:
1. When and why did you start blogging?
– I started blogging a few weeks ago. I wanted to get my artwork ‘out there’. And besides that I also like it to ‘meet’ other bloggers and to read what they have on their minds or to see their artwork.
2. What is your wildest dream?
– My wildest dream is to make a living with my artwork. Besides making drawings i’m also an autism consultant. I have autism myself and over the years I have learned so much about myself and things that helped me, that I want to pass this on to other people with autism and their families. And I want to give more and more presentations about my autism. This all in combination with my artwork…to make a living like that, would make me really happy. And to really have the money to go on a really nice and long vacation.
3. When you were growing up, what did you always want to be? Did it pan out?
– I must be honest. When I was little I didn’t think at all about what I wanted to be. I was only thinking about how to get through the day. Because of my autism I didn’t understand anything around me, I didn’t understand language and other people’s behaviour. I also didn’t know how to interact or how to communicate myself. All I did was studying other people, copying their language and behaviour so that I could fit in, and so that other people didn’t notice that there was something going on with me. I am happy with what I became, and I will keep on ‘fighting’ to reach my goals.
4. What makes up your ideal ‘me’ time/day off?
– My ideal day off is to watch movies, and to take a walk in the park. Just with peace and quiet and nothing to worry about.
5. You can have anybody, living or dead, over for diner. Who would that lucky person be?
– That would be Einstein I think. I just love to chat about time, space, quantum physics, math, and everything like that.
6. Are you a city dweller, or are you a rural, country soul?
– I am definitely a city dweller. Quite strange actually because I’m extremely sensitive to loud sounds and to chaos, because of my autism but also because of my extreme sensitive hearing. I do get a sensory overload quite fast. But I prefer the city anyway, more to see, more to do, life around me. Although an escape into the country every now and then would be very nice too.
7. Do you prefer dark cosy winter nights, or long hot summer evenings?
– Actually they both have their charm. In the summer I’m n the mood for a long summer evening and in the winter I’m in the mood for a cosy winter, movie watching evening. The seasons always come just in time for me.
8. What is your favourite word?
9. Cats or dogs?
– Oh difficult. They are both so cute. But I think I would go for a dog. It also depends on what kind of dog actually.
10. What is the best joke you know?
– Why can you smell farts? ………. So deaf people can enjoy them too!
Okay, now it’s my turn to nominate a few bloggers for the Liebster Award. Here they are:
Now if you accept the Liebster Award, then there are a few rules. Here they are:
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
And here are my questions for you:
1. When did you start blogging?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What do you like most about blogging?
4. What is your greatest wish?
5. What was the best day of your life until now?
6. What kind of work do you do?
7. What do you love the most about your life, or about the world?
8. What do you hate the most about your life, or about the world?
9. How would you like to spend your favourite vacation?
10. Do you like animals? And what’s your favourite animal?
11. What is your actual calendar age? And do you feel like this age or do you feel younger or older?
These were my questions. have fun everybody! And pay it forward!